Friday, January 15, 2016

Letter to Erin 20160116

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Yeah, I'll be the first to admit that I'm the laziest butt in the world.  Although it seems I do a lot of manual labor, I don't like it.  I would rather eat junk food and watch TV.  I'm 50 years old!  Isn't that what other men my age do?

Aaa!  I don't want to think about it!  Let's talk about dinner instead.  I still have lots of tofu left, and I need to use it up while it's still fresh.  So for dinner, it's a tofu and cheese omelet.  I don't like my omelets all-white or all-yellow.  If you were to beat an egg before cooking it, it would turn out all-yellow, right?  The yolk takes over.  Instead, I approach an omelet like sunny side up eggs.  I break the eggs into the hot greased pan, then break the yolks and mix them into the whites without blending them, like Neapolitan ice cream.  For this omelet I used 3 eggs, salt, pepper, powdered milk, sliced tofu and sliced cheese.  Oh no, my saute pan is too small!  Even though the pan was too small, the flavor is awesome alhamdulillah.  You must try it!  I love fresh tofu.  I enjoyed the omelet with fresh tortillas and my Mom's "sambal belacan".

Now don't get me wrong, I still do physical labor.  How else can I get yard work done?  Today I cut the grass at my house, my parents' house and your house inshaAllah.  Now I'll lie back, and watch TV.  Please make sure you take good care of yourself, and get plenty of rest.  Keep safe, OK?  I love you and I need you.

No comments: