Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Salt peanuts

 

Hi Natty!  How you doin' Honey?  I hope you are having a good time over there, and keeping safe and healthy.  I'm doing OK over here.  I mailed off my tax forms this morning, then had lunch downtown.  After lunch, I went to the Chinese grocery store to get my favorite salt peanuts, but they were sold out.  I bought some raw peanuts though, because I wanted to make peanut butter.  I roast them up in a covered pot, then blend them into peanut butter.  Peanuts are sensitive to heat, so the fire must be very small.  Even the small fire I used was too hot, so I had to stir it constantly.  The big producers use machines that have mechanical stirring arms to stir the peanuts in huge vats.  I don't have that, so I had to pay constant attention to the pot.  I gave them a really dark roast, because I'm not comfortable with eating white peanut butter.  It turned out that I roasted them perfectly, with the right amount of snap to the peanuts.  A bit greasy, because I wasn't trying to make snack peanuts.  But too good for peanut butter, so tossed them for a last time in salt then portioned them out into snacks.  Want some?

Mary's outfit today is:
:*BABY*: Sparkling Barbie Lipstick
!RIGHT Pinky boots
Alli&Ali Designs Blanche Hair
Addams // Penelope Necklace
{Le'La} Raisa Romper






Here are my picks from the Maison Rabih Kayrouz SPRING 2022 READY-TO-WEAR collection:





No comments: