Thursday, May 5, 2022

The Met Gala

 

Hi Natty!  Natty, you're so pretty!  I want to hug and kiss you!  But I guess you are very busy right now.  Such as you should be, the world needs you.  You have things to do and things to endorse, Mrs. Rock Star.

I'm not a fashion historian nor expert by any means.  I like what I like, and that's it.  This year I learned that the Met Gala is thematic.  Isn't that nice?  If I had to go (and I were aware of the theme), I would have borrowed a look from the movie, "Gangs of New York".  But I didn't go, and I would have been too lazy to put in an effort if I had the means to go.  I'm just an opinionated fashion critic.  Theme aside, the best dressed of the Met Gala 2022 is Lily Aldridge:


Mary's outfit today is:
REED - HALLY necklace
Alli&Ali Designs Christina Hair
Mocha's Blair Dress
[ IBAN ] Mesh Olwina boots






Before I looked at the Dries Van Noten SPRING 2022 READY-TO-WEAR collection, I checked out the JW Anderson collection.  Most of the photos there were of the photographer himself, who looked like a pale chimpanzee, doing lewd poses in a skimpy Speedo with a tractor tire.  I suppose that could be entertaining, but it's not beautiful so I won't display it here.  The Dries Van Noten SPRING 2022 READY-TO-WEAR collection had excellent photography.  But I hate it when they don't isolate the outfits, because it forces me to endorse outfits that I don't like:












No comments: