Saturday, February 13, 2021

My brand new piece of shit phone

 

Hi Natty!  How are you today?  I hope you are guarding your health and keeping safe.  Are you having fun?  I'm having fun with my new cell phone I bought online.  Buying stuff online is somewhat of a gamble since you don't always get what you pay for, as opposed to buying it at a brick and mortar store where you pay for what you get.  Plus since I can only afford a cheap phone, I had to do a lot of studying and make the most educated wager.  It goes without saying that the cell phone market is saturated, so you can't trust name brands that are dirt cheap.  Hell, you can't trust buying anything online.  So I went with getting what I pay for as long as I didn't pay too much.  Not the cheapest, but the next step up.

I got a really nicely built phone.  There is no name brand, just a model number: s20.  Sure enough, it's a clone of the Samsung with the quad camera array in front, but in reality it only has 2 cameras: front and back.  But the quality is better than my old piece of shit phone, so great!  The box claimed it had 8 Gb RAM with 64 Gb storage, but really it only has 8 Gb storage but the RAM is at least 4 Gb because it plays all the latest games smoothly!  It doesn't like the older games though, like Angry Birds etc.  I have to say that these anonymous developers have found a way to trick Andriod into reporting false amounts of memory.  The battery only lasts a couple of hours on a full charge with heavy play.  It's not a phone either because it doesn't have a sim card receptacle but that's OK, I never intended to use it as a phone anyway.  But I love portable computers, and as such I'm very pleased with what I got for what I spent.  I'm not good at placing the screen protector on, it has many bubbles, a couple of specks of dust, and a cat hair.  Oh well.  Alhamdulillah!  Here's a snapshot of my brand new piece of shit phone taken with the camera on my old piece of shit phone.  But it's not actually a piece of shit.  It's quite nice.







No comments: