Saturday, February 10, 2018

Monkeys!

There are monkeys living here!  I saw them, they were strolling about casually in the duck farmer's yard next door.  My Mom saw them too: a mother and child.  The monkeys, that is.  Now don't get excited, Erin.  This town has a thriving mango industry, and monkeys can be pests.  Probably someone set them loose here to destroy crops.  If you want to raise a monkey, you had better get it as an infant and keep it under control.  I don't want a monkey as a pet.

But what do the monkeys mean?  I went to the market in the morning to get more salad fixings.  Maybe it were monkeys that suddenly raised the price of spinach, and sold out all the tofu.  I did buy some broccoli and jicama though.  I'm thinking of using the broccoli for a tempura, while I used the jicama to make a salad.  A spinach, tomato, jicama, Chinese cabbage and cucumber salad.  I used the pink vinaigrette.  I assume you must like my vinaigrette, because Floofy loves my vinaigrette.  She's always ready to pounce on a vegetable that squirts out of my mouth and onto the floor.  I can't just let her drink the stuff though.  It's oil and vinegar.
 
Hey Natty Honey!  How's school?  I hope you are doing great!  Today's movie assignment is "The Gods Must Be Crazy" from 1980.  It's a cheesy little comedy made as an independent film, but gained enough popularity to spawn a sequel.  I especially love the music.  I don't know how easy it would be for you to find this movie, but please watch the movies I ask you to watch when I ask you to watch it, because I will be watching it at the same time.


No comments: