Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Peeling the aloe

Due to the recent leftovers crisis, I'm going to have to implement a martial law "one day window" on all leftovers.  Namely that we use up all leftovers within one day, then we throw it away regardless of how it looks, tastes or smells.  Even though I had to eat garbage for the sake of the music, I am not going to allow my wives and kids to be subjected to that.  Let's keep the food fresh, Honey.  Now with prepared foods, it's a bit trickier.  I will be preparing large portions of certain types of foods like marinara sauce and curry to keep in the freezer, so you can just defrost it then heat it up and feed the kids.  So we're going to have to use our senses to gauge when it's time to throw that stuff away.  But it's clear that you will have to do some cooking to feed your children, because I can't do all the cooking, because I have other work to do.  So please use whatever free time you have to learn how to cook.

Eat aloe vera gel to heal an upset stomach!  Great for nausea and food poisoning, very effective.  Here's my personal aloe patch:
Each aloe "leaf" has a curved side and a flat side:
You peel the curved side with a potato peeler from the tip downwards:
Then you cut off chunks of the gel into a cup:
Add sweet tea, stir it up, then slam the whole thing down on an empty stomach.  Very tasty, goes down really easily.

 
 
 

No comments: