Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Letter to Erin 20160302

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Hey there!  How's it going?  How are you?  I just finished my dinner.  It was a huge bowl of vermicelli soup, Tom Yam flavored.  Tom Yam, as you know, is a hot sour Thai seasoning which is very common around these here parts.  Everywhere you look here, you will see restaurants serving Tom Yam.  I don't know about you, but I don't like to experiment with restaurants that serve stuff I already know.  Yeah, I know there are different recipes out there.  When we go out to eat together inshaAllah, if we're not going to one of my regular joints, I would try to experiment with atmosphere and hope for the best about the cooking.  It must not be the same way in New York, but it must be hell to be halal.  It's always best to cook my own food, because I'm not likely to poison myself.  Plus I get huge, man-sized servings, I eat what I feel like eating, and I save money.

I love you, I need you, and I wish you were with me.  But we must be patient, right?  I want you to take good care of yourself, like treasure, for you are so valuable to me.  Please don't overwork, please pray, and try not to drink those funny tasting beverages.

No comments: