Saturday, August 29, 2015

Letter to Erin 20150830

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Hello there, my beautiful Erin.  Are you feeling safe and secure?  I'll do my best to help protect you, but don't forget that Allah is the Best to protect.  You are MY girl, and I love you very much.  And I need you.

It seems that my Bob Cat wasn't able to beat that other cat, the brownish-black striped cat with a stubby tail.  This time he got nailed in the shoulder, and it's all swollen.  I had to ice it down, and keep Bobby in prison for a while.  I suppose he was afraid of that other cat when he allowed it to eat from his cat food.  Don't worry Bobby.  We'll get him, inshaAllah.  He's always getting nailed, or perhaps he shouldn't get nailed at all so I don't notice it.  That's the problem with being a fighter: beat one cat, and another cat comes along.  Maybe he'll become a smarter fighter with experience.  He used to get hurt in the foot repeatedly, he got punched in the eye once, and this shoulder injury is new.  What would you do if you had a son who is a natural fighter?  Would you imprison him, or back him up?  Well, Bobby is in prison right now for his own protection.  He got hurt.

I went downtown this morning to pay bills and get a haircut.  They were having drills for a local Independence Day parade, but I had stuff to do so I didn't watch.  I went to one of my usual eateries for flat bread and curry, but they were closed.  So I had breakfast at KFC instead.  I don't think you would recognize the breakfast menu at a KFC here.  Rice with almost everything.  It was as if they were competing with McDonald's and catering to the local palate at the same time.  I didn't want rice.  I would have preferred two breasts, but you know how these places get militant about their breakfast menu.  Thus I had a something of a chicken and egg sandwich.  Small.  Expensive.

No comments: