Saturday, June 20, 2015

Letter to Erin 20150621

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Hi Erin!  How are you feeling, luv?  The first few days of Ramadan takes some getting used to for me, but I can usually shake it off and function somewhat normally inshaAllah.  This morning God cut me a break: there was a big storm, so I couldn't do much of anything.  I woke up at 9 am (after falling back to sleep after the dawn prayer) and it was raining, so I cleaned up the cat room, hung up my laundry, then went back to sleep.  Oh, the temperature was SO comfortable: I like it best when it's slightly cold.  I woke up again at 1 pm.  Now, that's what I'm talking about!  Like a REAL rock star!  Up all night, sleep all day!

Someone threw a rock at my Bat Cat, and there's a hole in his right side.  He's acting all nonchalant and tough about it, and he finished off his dinner quickly, but there's a hole in his side!  I disinfected the wound with some rubbing alcohol.  Ya Allah, please drop a rock on the one who threw a rock at my cat.

Getting through voice training today wasn't very easy: all that standing around I've been doing wears me out.  I was tempted to go back to sleep again after the Asr prayer, but I shook it off and cut the grass by the roadside.  Dinner is noodles, of the spicy Thai variety.  Have you ever tried Siamese hot sour soup (also known as Tom Yam)?  You should visit a Siamese restaurant and try some.  Now I'm sitting here watching "Being There", and waiting to break my fast with noodles, Tom Yam flavor.  I'd split it with you, but you're not here.  I love you, and I need you.

P.S. I'm, not really a fan of Slaughter, but I thought this song is appropriate for the moment.  Doesn't the lead singer look like Tawny Kitten?  Oh, you're too young to know who she is...  You're prettier than her though.  And blonder.  I prefer blondes.

No comments: