Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Letter to Julia 20141119

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

There's a cat show in town!  Yes, even out here in the sticks, there's a cat show.  It's actually quite popular, and they've been having the event annually for quite a while already.  No, I'm not participating.  I just love my cats, that's all.

Have I introduced you to my kittens?  The leader is clearly Bob Cat.  He's mouse colored, with stripes on the legs.  He's long, slender, and very fast.  He is the closest in looks to the father.  If a cat could be macho and gallant, then that's Bob Cat.

The other boy is Bat Cat, a black and white cat with cute little black spots on his hind legs.  He's also the most intelligent, but he uses his brains to plot some new naughtiness.  He's also full of innuendo, which his mother dislikes.  I've seen her give him a slap just for the way he looked at her.

------- looks just like Mama Cat Floofy al-Ramadan who is a white and blonde calico, except that she has a stubby tail.  She can be very aggressive, especially about her food.  She's always the first to punch and box the others over some cat food.  I've learned to keep my hand far away from her when putting down the cat food.

At first I thought ---- was a calico/tortoiseshell, but when I looked up Google images, she's closest to an American shorthair with a white underbelly and legs.  She's also the athlete of the bunch, and can jump and scale great heights.

Lastly, ---- is a white and grey calico.  She's a dainty little thing, the waif girl if you will.  She's also the softest, with the sweetest personality.  None of my kittens purr for me, but she once gave a short purr when I told her I would give her some extra food.  Why won't they purr for me?  I guess I'm technically their mother's human, not theirs.

P.S.  Julia and Erin, I love you, I love you.  And I need you, I need you.

No comments: