Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Letter to Julia 20140206

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

So it seems that there are a few people who are willing and available to call the prayer now, so I withdraw my commitment to call the Dhuhur and Asr prayers during the weekdays.  I only made that commitment because Allah killed off one of the regular volunteers, and there wasn't anyone calling some of the prayers.  I could do it, so it became mandatory for me to do so.  But I am a loner, and a lazy one at that.  Of course it's better to pray with the congregation, and when we are married inshaAllah we will do so, especially during Ramadan, and whenever we have to go out and do something.  It would be faster to pray on the go, than to wait to finish prayers then go.  Don't you agree?

Also it would be useful for you to know that the official who is assigned to call the prayers is in line to be imam.  As you know, I cannot hold the rank of imam.  This is because humans are fanatical in general, particularly over entertainers, so I must avoid false worship.  Let it be clear that I am merely a follower of prophet Muhammad (peace be on him), so if people need to worship then they must worship Allah.

No comments: