Monday, October 21, 2013

Letter to Julia 20131022

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Ah, my precious soulmates!  How are you feeling?  How are those raging emotions today?  Are you a hurricane or a whirlpool?  Are you a spring dripping from a desert rock, or are you a suffocating, humid day?  Are you a passionate and super-sexy Julia, or a sensitive and super-feminine Erin?  As for me, my heart is a nuclear bomb that has been converted into an energy source, and my faith being the control rod.  Do I need your love?  Yes, with all my heart.  My heart is a nuclear bomb.

I just bought half a kilo of cuttlefish at the night market.  I've never handled cuttlefish before, so this is the first time.  But I know that pretty much every other creature in the sea eats cuttlefish, so it can't be too bad to eat.  It's like a chewier squid, with a backbone.  It took me a while to get a system going in prepping my cuttlefish.  I can't seem to get any rings because the backbone is in the way, so it's going to have to be strips.  Looks like it's fried calamari on the menu for tomorrow night.  Or maybe even for a midnight snack tonight.  I have some excellent hot sauce.  How about it, ladies?  Wanna come over for some munchies?  Suddenly I got hungry, so I'm not waiting for you this time.  Mmmm mmm.  Very tender.  Not chewy at all.

Oh Julia, how's your Mom, by the way?  Please give her my regards.  Please say hi for me to your parents, Erin.  Tell them I'm going to marry you, if God Wills.  On second thought, keep it a secret for now (if you can).  Wait until I can afford to get you a nice ring.  Both of you, please pray.

No comments: