Friday, November 4, 2011

Letter to Julia 20111104

Hi there my sweetie Julia! How are you, my precious beauty? Today, I'm fasting. No, it's not mandatory, I'm fasting because it's fun. Fun, fun fun! As you know, or I told you before, we Muslims celebrate 2 Eids: the first Eid is celebrated after the fasting month of Ramadan is completed, and the 2nd is a 2 day Eid after the Hajj ritual is completed. Sunday is when we celebrate the Hajj Eid. I guess it's kind of like having 2 Christmases. I'm not one for routine rituals on public holidays, I just do the bare minimum. If I get into heaven, then I'll really celebrate. Yay! No more tedious and disappointing materialism and worldly affairs!

My, you are a pretty thing, aren't you? What are we to do with that huge wardrobe of yours? We're going to have to dress you up appropriately before we go out. Start collecting hats and scarves! Hey, hop on the back of my motorcycle, and we'll go to the seaside. I drive really slowly, but we can still have a conversation as we ride. You can have your own motorcycle of course, but it would be harder to chat, and you probably wouldn't want to drive at 30 kmh. How about you ride a bicycle instead?

As for the plotters, certainly Allah is watching them. How about they get swallowed up by the earth? Or they get jumped on as they go about their daily routine? Or they perish through a process of slow wastage?

No comments: