Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Letter to Julia 20110622

Hi Julia, my beloved. Are you being a good girl? I am doing OK, and I thoroughly enjoy having lots of time, broke as I am. I made some prawn injections last night (oh all right, I suppose the correct name is croquettes) with chopped shrimp heads mixed into the batter. And you know how much I love shrimp heads. I must buy some jumbo shrimp in the future, insyaAllah.

Are you making some Muslim friends as I asked you to? Don't try too hard, just do your best. If you have followed this path of adventure, then you would have discovered that there are many sects of Islam, many "isms" per se. Prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) counted 73 different sects of Islam by the time Judgement Day comes about. The correct one is that of prophet Muhammad (peace be on him) and those who follow him. Sure, anyone can say that they follow the prophet (peace be on him), but who can PRECISELY follow him, and the commands of the Qur'an, without distortion? I would certainly be hesitant to follow his followers. But as for the sects, just leave them alone. God will deal with them on a one-to-one basis.

I'm sure you can already see all the corruption prevalent in daily life, that is why it is so unique for you to be good, and be righteous, because everyone else accepts the corruption to be "normal", and "practical". Certainly you are being tried for the gift of great beauty that God has given you, so be good, and righteous. No one else can bear your burdens but you, so be good, and righteous. And be proactive in being good, and righteous. For example, if someone is warned about a giant army amassing against them, would they:

1. Wait until it becomes a problem before they do anything,
2. Say, "I'm too small and helpless", then lie back and allow themselves to be pounded,
3. Make preparations (with rhetoric in support) to join them?

Whatever happens, you are my girl, and I love you. Please pray for us, my love.

No comments: