Sunday, December 5, 2021

Coffee

 

Hi Natty!  Whatcha doin', Honey?  I assume you are busy being a Christmas figurehead, running around doing all sorts of festive things.  Well you're gorgeous my darling, and I love you with all of my heart.  Oh, my parents came back!  I guess they didn't like it over there.  Looks like I have to go back to the old schedule.  I'm glad I put down those drum tracks yesterday...

I thought of you somehow when I was making coffee this morning.  Coffee makers are hard to find here, because nobody uses them.  What rules here are instant coffee and coffee grounds.  Can't find coffee filters here, either.  I recall the days when I was a 20-something musician in SLC, when coffee filters were cheaper than toilet paper.  In fact, we used them as toilet paper.  But over here I use coffee grounds, because instant coffee is overpriced for something that tastes and smells awful.  I just add water to a teaspoon of coffee grounds, then filter it with a steel strainer.  It doesn't get all the grounds, but they sink to the bottom.  And that's how most people here drink their coffee, is to let the grounds sink to the bottom and drink the top.  Espresso makers?  I think I've seen that at the supermarket, but no coffee makers.  The brand of coffee I use is the same one as the video below.  I love the fragrance.








No comments: