Friday, September 22, 2017

The river

Busy?  I hope you are taking time to rest.  The cool weather right now is inspiring me to sleep more, but I cap it at 7 or 8 hours.  Otherwise I would want to sleep even more.  I steamed a fish for lunch.  I soaked a bunch of lime leaves, then steamed it with a scad stuffed with red hot pepper paste and hummus.  But really I should have grilled it, I'm sure it would have been better.  Very filling, though.  That was a very interesting monologue I read in the comments of your last post.  Almost like a chat room rampage.  The things we have to put up with, huh?

Natty, you look great in white and gold.  I wore white yesterday, but today I think I'll wear white and gold.  Uh... I have to warn you (and I think I did warn you) that I'm quite well known among those supermodels.  I don't want to marry any of them, so please don't consider that.  I've already made up my mind on who I will marry inshaAllah.  I'm so proud of you, Natty!  You've become totally name brand.  If you want to talk, I'm always ready to listen.  You might as well express yourself, for we have no privacy anyway, and people are going to bitch anyway.  That's how I see it.

This river was almost empty 3 days ago.  I took this snapshot of the river by the mosque yesterday, and you can see in the back that it's almost up to the rim of the bank.  The river is about 10 yards wide, and I'm sure you can see the water churning.
 
 
 
 

No comments: