Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Letter to Julia 20140409

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Hello Wednesday, my dearest, precious wives.  I love you, I love you.  And I need you, I need you.  I had my letter prepared yesterday, but I didn't come in to blog because it was too dangerous to travel.  So I had to stay close to the homestead instead.  How do I know?  Let's just say that Allah grants me some knowledge.  Let's also say that Allah gives me the responsibility of protecting the voices of some dead women, and that your husband serves Allah.  So I cut the grass around Casa de Julia inshaAllah, and I chopped down one of the trees on the west border.  You know, the one that leaned towards the inside.

I just had my first ripe mango this year.  I don't eat a lot of the local fruits because they're too damned sweet, but I love certain types of mangoes.  The big tree in my yard is a "harumanis", and that's one of types I like.  It's not officially mango season yet, and right now only the birds, the squirrels and the bugs know which fruits are ready to eat.  So they fall on the ground, usually half eaten.  I found one on the ground still firm and intact, and it smelled almost ripe, so I kept it in the house for a day before I put it in the cooler.  It turned out that the bugs took over the seed, but the flesh was unharmed.  Alhamdulillah.

No comments: