Monday, March 31, 2014

Letter to Julia 20140331


In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

As you know, little Floofy Ramadan will be having kittens, inshaAllah.  Her pregnancy is just starting to show, and it's affecting her balance.  She tried to jump onto the chair, but she couldn't make it all the way, and she flopped over and landed on her butt.  I thought she would be OK just hanging around the compound during the day, then spending her nights in the house, after all, it is kind of hot and dry right now.  Ugh.  I hate hot weather.  Thank Allah for air conditioning.  Well, one day she didn't report home one night, and I got all stressed out.  Then when she casually came strolling in the next afternoon, I asked her, "Where have you been?  Wandering around when you're pregnant?  How could you?"  She replied "Meow," which I'm sure implied, "Yeah, yeah".  Serves me right for asking a cat rhetorical questions.  So I sentenced Floofy to be imprisoned to the house until her kittens are strong enough to wander around.

Which started my thinking, should I keep you prisoner to the house when you're pregnant?  No, you're not a cat.  I wouldn't want to leave you alone even to throw out the trash, but I would stock up on emergency rations anyhow.  Perhaps a truck full of canned and dried foods, and a dozen giant bottles at any given time filled with drinking water, 6 full canisters of LPG gas, etc etc.  If you want a pizza, we can just call Domino's or something.  should I barricade the door?  You're going to have to follow to Friday prayers.  They have a separate and air conditioned room for the women now.  Please don't go wandering around when you're pregnant.  Take me along.  Let's just stay here, OK?  I love you, I love you, and I need you, I need you.

No comments: