Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Letter to Julia 20121219

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Hello, my precious Julia.  Yes you are very precious to me, my beloved.  You are my life, and you give me something to look forward to.  You also give me someone to miss, someone to maintain a routine for.  I pray that you are healthy, and feeling good.  You are my girl, and I love you.

I've been feeling a bit feverish lately, but I should be OK with a few aspirin.  InsyaAllah.  I always have something to do, so I don't like to be bogged down by a fever.  What to do, eh?  Ya Allah, thank you for our good health, and please maintain our good health for us, as we cannot.  It was raining everyday last week, so little Chee Cheah had a relapse of her skin infection.  So I had to take her to the vet for an antifungal shot.  Oh, it's so hard to get out of the door every morning.  Creaks and groans!  The hammering I gave my body when I was young has caught up to me!  Especially in the morning, adding that I'm  not a morning person to begin with.  Anyway, I skipped breakfast, which I really shouldn't do, but I did, because I thought that I would be OK until lunch.  All I had to do was drive the cat for a quick shot.  Then I went to the day market to buy some salted fish.  This particular type crisps up nicely when fried, and not too salty either.  I enjoyed it with my cheeseburger and fries for lunch.  I generally wake up at 9am everyday, because I wake earlier at 3 or 4am and go back to sleep after I perform the dawn prayer at about 6am.  So I have to get all morning business done by 12pm, so I can eat and take a nap before I pray then voice train at 2pm.  This nap has become crucial, because I'm able to put myself into a near coma.  Damned lullabys!  And why do I voice train at the same time everyday?  Because the world is listening, insyaAllah.  At 4pm, I quickly tidy up my parents' kitchen.  I feed the cats again, and after the Asr prayer, I do yard work until sunset.  I try to cook and eat dinner before the last prayer, then after that I write to my sweetie.  I love my sweetie Julia.  She's very important to me.  I want to marry her.

No comments: