Sunday, September 25, 2011

Letter to Julia 201109026

Hey, I just saw a spider catch a cockroach! Hey, while I was typing that a few seconds ago, I just killed a mosquito with only my forefinger! One can certainly see many things happen if one takes the time to look. The universe can be seen with both a microscope and a telescope. Glory to Allah.

So, how's business? My feelings tell me that you are very busy. Please take good care of your beautiful body, and maintain your prayers. I dreamed last night that I was kissing you, and making love to you. Mm mmm. When I woke up it felt like I was still dreaming. Thank you for your love.

Once upon a time when people bought and played compact discs of music, musical acts made their living from selling recorded music and playing live concerts. At times, there happened to be communities of bands, and one would call them "scenes". Like the Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Athens Georgia, Liverpool etc scenes. Many bands in the scene would make good money from music, and would actually be able to live off that money in some cases. Most of the time, everybody knew each other, and would be the audience for each other, and thus some people would call them cliques. But that marketing apparently worked, since the whole country and thenceforth the rest of the world took notice. It's been a while since the last scene. I think the last real scene was the Seattle scene. I attribute this change not only to the way people listen to and use music, but also in the condition of the global landscape of the creative community, and of course the way the money goes. Apparently, the money is in Asia nowadays.

Now, disintegration in the East is as inevitable as it was in the West, because of interest and corruption. They say, "How can we live without consuming interest and without being corrupt, because we are used to it, and it is our sustenance?" It's kind of like people who do harm and blame it on their own weakness, and think because they are weak then it's OK, then continue to do harm. The solution is to live without interest or corruption. But they won't, so that is why disintegration in the East is as inevitable as it was in the West. But perhaps Allah will have mercy on Julia and I and the righteous, and not make things difficult for us. So if Allah wills, the next great scene could be right here in Perlis. A nice little tourist attraction in an exotic locale. Because of instant globalization unlike any of the other music scenes, the situation would have to be policed. We don't want chaos, because chaos comes with mass murder. But perhaps Allah will have mercy on Julia and I and the righteous, and not make things difficult for us.

No comments: