Saturday, January 2, 2016

Letter to Erin 20160103

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

You are probably tired of people getting jealous of you.  Well, jealousy is human nature.  You may think, "But I'm nice, why must they get jealous?"  Yes you are nice, but jealousy is a deep problem.  It's both a religious and philosophical paradox.  In the Qur'an (and the Bible, too) is a story of two brothers, where one brother became jealous of the other brother and murdered him.  Now the brother who was killed in this tale allowed himself to be killed, but I'm not as elevated as that.  I want to fight back, especially if I have loved ones to protect.  I'm old enough and have been in this business long enough to know who is feeling or practising envy towards me.  But even with knowledge, one can only react with the moment.  There is no justice in prevention when it comes to envy.  You can't attack someone for the way they feel.  They would say, "That's just the way I feel, and I can't help it."  Sheesh, whatever.  There's nothing OK about jealousy.  But the best that one can do is to prepare and react to acts of envy.

There is a prayer, though.  Recite "Al Falaq", loudly if possible.  Oh Sweetheart.  I wish we were together.  I love you and I need you.

No comments: