Friday, January 6, 2012

Letter to Julia 20120107

Hello there, my beautiful Julia. How are you feeling? It's just me and my kitty here as usual. I've always been somewhat of a loner, but I'm sure you would agree that I try and tried hard to be married, huh? When I got past my misspent youth and learned to appreciate God more, I tried to do whatever service to community in secret. I don't need any titles or medals. All I want is the best that God can give me, in this life as well as the next. InsyaAllah.

Chee Cheah is getting rather plump. She used to be such a dainty little kitty. I feed her regularly before dawn and before the Asr prayer, but she always runs outside to join the other cats when my Dad feeds them at 6pm. She doesn't eat anything, but she just goes there to meow along with the group, then sits on the wall to watch them eat. After that, she runs back into my house again.

Let me remind you that fame is a liability, not an asset. You may feel exhilarated with all the attention being lavished on you right now, but would you feel the same without a marriage to anchor you? Then we observe some marriages that have no stability whatsoever. Our lives are in the care of Allah, so please pray that Allah will have mercy on us, and make our journey to God together easy and pleasurable.

No comments: