Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Letter to Julia 20130515

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Are you the jealous type, Julia?  I wouldn't want you to cheat on me, and I wouldn't cheat on you for the same reason.  You would probably want me to be a little jealous, but that has nothing to do with our agreement of honor to each other.  And would I be jealous of the people who make millions as a by-product of the music that Allah granted me, while all they know is how to take, with no clue on how to give, not even a little bit so I can buy some coffee?  Actually, I don't care.  Allah will deal directly eventually with the oppressive, and I probably wouldn't even hear about it.  Sure, I get unhappy that I can't afford to marry my Julia, and buy all the toys and snacks that I want, but I'm not jealous with them about that.  Allah is the One Who enlarges or restricts the provision of whoever God wills.

The tormented rock star with many enemies routine has been done before.  I was listening to "The Wall", then cringed when I heard Roger Waters mug Sha Na Na.  I grew up on that album.  Then throughout my life I came into blows with people who were jealous with what I had/have.  Certainly what Allah gives is better than the wealth they amass.  That's between them and God, why be jealous with me?  But they want to be jealous.  That's just how they feel.  Everybody gets jealous.  It's justified.  Kill.

The Qur'an tells a story of a brother who got jealous with his younger sibling who was preferred by God, then murdered him.  This shows that jealousy reaches down to their spiritual level but again, that's between them and God.  You must have some old women who are jealous of your beauty.  Jealousy is a basic human suicide bomb, and it is NOT a blessing.  But God offers protection for the sincere believers.  The Only One Who has the Strength to protect.  The Lord of the dawn.

No comments: