Monday, February 12, 2018

Ranch

Ray-yanch!  Ah gotta have mah RAY-YANCH!

This month's exploration into Erin's food continues with ranch dressing.  The beauty of ranch dressing is that it can make almost anything taste good if you pour enough ranch dressing on it.  Ranch dressing is basically mayo and milk with seasonings which is mostly salt and onions and chives.  When I was back at the restaurant, I made ranch dressing with buttermilk and mayo, but I think it's fine to use milk or cream if you balance the milky flavor with the mayo.  Today I made my own mayo with egg whites and palm oil.  Then I used milk, anchovy bouillon and chives and guess what?  It tastes like ranch.  But it was kind of runny (more milk than mayo) so I thickened it up with powdered milk ( I had to run to the supermarket to get that).  Now it tastes milky, but I'll balance that out tomorrow.  Obviously I don't have a set recipe for my home made ranch dressing yet, but it's still good.  So for dinner today, I made a veggie platter with jicama, broccoli and tomatoes.  With ranch dressing, of course.
 
Natty Honey, your movie assignment for today is "The Matrix" from 1999.  Yes I know you've seen it already but watch it again, this time from the perspective of a professional in mass media (namely, MY girl).  Or should I say "movie star"?  You can be a movie star if you want to, but please be my wife first if you want my endorsement.  You know, using humans as batteries is an interesting idea and all, but they should have farmed electric eels instead.  More power per hassle value.  The machines should have known that.

No comments: