Friday, March 23, 2018

Friday

Hi Honey!  How are you feeling today?  I hope all is well with you, that you are getting plenty of rest, and that you are having a smashing old time.  Today is Friday, and as usual I had to attend the Friday prayer which is mandatory for me.  The morning was easy going, I usually get up early to water the plants before the sun makes it too hot to do anything, and I had plenty of time before I had to leave for the mosque.  Lunch was an eggplant omelet with sauteed onions.  At the same time, I prepared Floofy's cat food, and steamed some dried chilli peppers to make hot sauce later.  Things got more hectic for me after voice training.  My Mom wanted me to pick some "mungai" which are legumes, growing on trees over at your house inshaAllah.  I should have taken a snapshot... but these legumes have to be picked before they ripen.  They are usually found in curries and function like chicken, fish, beef, potatoes etc.  They provide a unique flavor and have a gelatinous rind which people are fond to suck out.  Anyway, I also had much work left in the kitchen, plus my Mom likes to generate more work while I work, plus I had to cook my dinner, so the evening was very hectic for me.

Natty Honey, the computer wants you to watch another movie.  "Airplane 2" from 1982.  The original is definitely better than the sequel, but this is what the computer wants you to watch today.  I was a teen when I first saw this movie, browsing through vhs tapes at the video rental store, and not knowing what I rented.  I didn't know of the original "Airplane" when I saw this movie, but I was happy to discover that it has a prequel.  I thought this movie was hilarious, so I watched over and over again.  Says a lot for my brand of sense of humor, huh?


No comments: