Friday, December 4, 2020

Tofu omelet

 Hi Natty!  How are you over there?  I hope you are coping well, and keeping safe and healthy.  I saw in the news that California is imposing lockdown whenever at a certain stage in their healthcare capacity.  I suppose that is one way of managing the virus while keeping the economy in motion.  It's not easy to have it both ways.

I tried to search in YouTube for "tofu omelet", but there wasn't any.  This surprises me, that no one has thought of it before.  I found this one guy who does a sort of tofu scrambled eggs, which looks more like a hash and not a very good-looking one at that, but it's nothing some lettuce can't fix.  It gave me an idea for dinner though, but I used ground beef instead of eggs and made it less complex.  I ate that with some small tortillas.  The tofu omelet, I had that for lunch, swimming in gravy.  It was quite successful.  It's very simple, too.  Just mash up some tofu, break the eggs in with a little salt, then whip it all up and fry as an omelet.  It's so easy, and so good.  I posted the tofu scrambled eggs video to show you how to mash up the tofu, that guy did a good job of that.  If you're using the same amount of tofu for your omelet as the guy used in his video, then you should use 3 eggs.









No comments: