Tuesday, April 21, 2020

The griefer

Hi Natty!  How are you today?  I hope you are feeling great and having a great time.  Yes Honey, I listened to your podcast.  Sometimes it is not God's purpose to give us peace.  Why is that?  Perhaps our form of worship is unacceptable.  This is not a perfect world.  It's not supposed to be.

Oh, what did happen today?  Mary Unknown7 was able to start her set just fine, the setup went without incident.  But after the first song, my pc suddenly got an "out of memory" crash.  Which was weird to me, because there was no one else on the sim.  No big deal, I just rebooted and logged back into Second Life.  So she started singing again, then after a couple of songs the guy that had been interrupting her set for the past couple of days showed up, and asked us to help someone learn how to use the stream.  I took over the keyboard, and told him that we were "too busy to help him. Click the board if you want to sing."  So he clicked the board, and I took Mary's avatar over to the other side of the sim to continue singing.  Then the Internet slowed down, and we got logged out.  I'm guessing the Internet slowed down to 14.4 kbps (which was the speed of the Internet back in 1998), so I tried to log back in and miraculously, we got back in.  Mary's avatar didn't render, but the voice feed was working so she went back to singing.  Then I noticed that guy wasn't using the stream, so I put Mary on it.  Then he came over and shot her.  After being shot, Mary's avatar got teleported to a Safe Hub which is usually crowded, but there was only 3 people there.  The stream was still working, even though the Internet was still slowed down.  A little after midnight PST, we lost Second Life, but the stream remained connected right until the end of Mary's set.  I have no idea how we kept the stream.  Perhaps a thousand angels assisted us.  Thank You, ya Allah.

Why all the drama, though?  What else is going on?










No comments: