Friday, December 21, 2018

Doutzen is my cat

Hi Natty.  How are you feeling today?  What's going on with you?  I'm sure you are very busy.  Please make sure you get plenty of rest, and that you eat adequately.  Please pray.  I always think of you.  You are my wife inshaAllah, and I love you.
I can't afford to marry right now, but I do have some cats to keep me company.  Last night, Doutzen was in heat so after I came home from the night prayer, I took her in my arms, said "BismillahirRahmanirRahim" (in the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Forgiving), and released her outside to find a mate.  She's already over 4 years old, and I thought that the darkness of the night would help protect her.  But Doutzen didn't come home.  The last I heard her, she was busy doing her job, wandering around the compound and crying out to attract a mate, like cats do.  From what I gather from the neighbors, she was taken by some local teenage boys.  Knowing how teenage boys are all over the world, it means that she's dead.  The local community seems to know who the culprits are, but to me that's the most useless information in the world.  What am I going to do with them, the same thing they did to my cat?  The only thing I can do is to let it go, and leave Allah to take care of them.  This incident means that all my indoor cats are in danger from the humans, and must never leave the house.  I'm going to have to find a male kitten/s and raise it indoors to become their mate.  From Allah is our origin, and to Allah is our return.

















No comments: