Monday, May 22, 2017

The old rice paddy

My mornings have been early lately.  I wake up before the dawn prayer, then perhaps take a nap after to wait for the sun to come up.  Then I go about my routine of cleaning up after the cats and watering the plants.  Lately, I've been doing a lot of digging with my trusty hoe (not ho).  I can't stand the direct sun, so I dig dig dig until the sun becomes unbearable.  I would have continued digging this evening, but it rained rained rained.  So I made some Irish stew instead.  Want some stew, Irish?  Well, I don't know if it's exactly Irish stew.  It's just beef, potatoes, onions, and a bit of garlic.  I have sirloin and tenderloin in my freezer, but I didn't want to put that in the stew.  What a waste!  Besides, burgers have higher fat content so I tore up chunks of beef burgers and put that in the stew.  I used demi-glace mix as seasoning, and I have to put in black pepper.  Hope I don't forget.

Natty, most men take pride in their strength.  Their strength of will if not physical strength.  So a man is not going to admit defeat, even when defeat is obvious.  Because it's humiliating.  He would rather die.







No comments: