Sunday, March 13, 2016

Letter to Erin 20160314

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Well, I don't have the right beef for stew.  All I have is tenderloin, which is a waste in stew.  I'm going to have to visit the butcher and get a fatty cut for stew.  Potatoes are so cheap right now.  I had a hash brown pancake for lunch today, a thick one.  I used that ceramic saute pan I recently bought, and it's perfect for flips!  I flipped that hash brown pancake perfectly, I was so happy!  Ah, a taste of happiness.  Alhamdulillah.  Simple pleasures, huh?

I want my girl.  I want you to know that I love you with all my heart, and I need you.  You are my girl, so you are the most beautiful girl in the world to me.  As for your body image, you are a pro, so you know what makes you feel good, and thus look good.  Don't lose your self-esteem, I say.  And stay healthy.

It's been an active day for me.  I always spend Sunday mornings cleaning my parents bedroom.  I managed a short nap before voice training, but I'll have to admit that a physically active morning wears out my voice, especially when I didn't get much sleep last night.  I spent the evening with my chainsaw over at your house inshaAllah.  There was this one tree on the west border which leans into the neighbor's yard that I took down.  I asked him if it were OK for me to cut that tree down, since it would definitely fall into his yard.  He said OK.  I didn't want the tree to bother his ducks- he's a duck farmer.  I swear I saw an American Mallard among his ducks.  Anyway, the tree got stuck in another tree which was on his yard, so I had to throw a rope around the top and pull it down.  A tree is a very heavy object, and that was a serious workout.  Plus, the activity angered a massive amount of red army ants, and they attacked my balls.  Why do they always target my balls?  The ducks were laughing at me... HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...  I saw my shadow, and it was muscular.  HA HA HA HA HA HA HA...  Bat Cat was my companion and observer during this endeavor.  It was entertaining to see him daintily hop over the swarm of army ants like a ballerina.

Dinner was pizza again.  I had run out of marinara sauce, so I had to make some more.  I was missing an ingredient (red hot pepper puree) so I substituted that with fresh hot peppers instead.  It wasn't the same, but spicier.  When you get better at cooking, and thus get a better understanding of the food you eat, you will notice a definite connection between the mind and the stomach.  For instance, last night I cooked up some potatoes but instead of making brown gravy, I sprinkled brown gravy powder directly on the potatoes.  Flavor and texture wise it was good, but the strange combination gave me heartburn.  There were no other ingredients other than oil, onion and black pepper.

No comments: