Saturday, January 30, 2016

Letter to Erin 20160131

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Hi there, beautiful girl!  How are you feeling, my All-American Sweetheart?  Please don't be blue, because I love you, and I want to marry you.  I need you, my beloved.  I want you to be optimistic, maintain your prayers, and take good care of yourself OK?

I'm a bit tired right now.  All that climbing around I did yesterday caught up to me today.  But I had a busy morning.  It always takes me a long time to get out of the door because I have to take care of the poopers, the pee-ers, and the plants, and today I had to feed the Zam (I usually skip breakfast).  Then I took a shower and went downtown to pay my phone bill and buy a few things, but I did have time for a nap when I got back.  It was a hot day, and I'm weary.  Then I had to go to a wedding reception in the afternoon.  One of the local imams was hosting a wedding reception.  I avoid such things because I hate parties (a habit I picked up from being in the music business), but the imam has a lot of power around these here parts, and few can escape his grasp.  So before voice training I went there, and it was packed.  It was pretty much standing room only, but I did manage to find a place to sit.  Nobody dances at weddings around here, but there was entertainment which was a drum and flute troupe.  The smorgasbord was rice based, which the locals eat with their hands.  I usually bring my own fork and spoon, but today I forgot.  I didn't hang around too long.  I showed the imam my face, ate something, then fled.

Boy, I'm tired.  I didn't do much of anything in the evening.  I collected some tamarind for my Mom, and that's it.  I almost didn't work out, but I managed to convince myself to do so before taking a shower.  Dinner is steak and potatoes, waiting for me to eat after the sunset prayer.  You are welcome to have some if you like.

No comments: