Thursday, July 23, 2015

Letter to Erin 20150724

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Hi Erin!  How are you feeling right now, my love?  I'm watching Iron Chef Potato battle right now.  I had a whole lot of chicken curry leftover from the Eid, so I drained it and separated the chicken and potatoes from the gravy.  Then I cubed up 5 more potatoes into the gravy, then stewed them up until almost soft.  Then I strained the gravy again, then deep fried all the potatoes, french fry style.  Awesome!  I probably sprinkled on too much salt, but great anyway.  Alhamdulillah!  It was so good that I forgot my steak.  But not for long.  I'm starting to think that rib meat is superior to tenderloin.  It's because of all that creamy fat.  Oh my God!  I have a small sauce pot with lid, so I pan fried the steak in my teriyaki sauce (light soy sauce, black pepper and sugar) and butter until medium rare, made sure all sides were equally blackened, turned off the heat, put the cover on and let it sit for half an hour.  Oh my God!  Alhamdulillah!  I would have shared it with you, but you didn't show up for dinner.  Besides, I guzzled it all down very quickly.  I'm sorry.  I do love you, and I need you.

No comments: