Monday, April 20, 2015

Letter to Erin 20150421

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Hello, my beautiful and sensitive soulmate Erin.  Please don't be blue because I love you, and I assure you my love is true, and I want to marry you.  I wish we were already married and together.  So please be patient, and keep your will strong and brave.  And you are brave, my sweetheart.  Sure our work in the Public eye can be weird and tedious at times.  But that's how we met and who we are.  And it is kind of cool, don't you agree?  Alhamdulillah.

Dinner was a big hit, alhamdulillah.  I had one more chunk of sirloin left, marinading in my teriyaki sauce.  I sliced it up and mixed it back in the marinade with ginger and Thai peppers.  Then I fried it up until done.  Then I fried some chopped garlic in a sauce made of sweet bean paste, hot red pepper paste and sugar until simmering hot.  Then I added a whole block of fresh tofu.  You know how fresh tofu comes in blocks.  The trick is not to disintegrate the block, and smother it with the fried mix until hot.  Push it to one side of the pan and add the steak back in to mix with the sauce.  Remove the block of tofu first, put it in a bowl, and pour the rest of the stuff on top.  Looks and tastes great.  The tofu cuts and tastes like savory cream cheese.  Would you like some my dearest?  As soon as dinner was about to be served, all those flying ants came back.  There seems to be more than usual this year.

Erin I love you, and I need you.

No comments: