Sunday, April 19, 2015

Letter to Erin 20150420

In the name of Allah, most Gracious, most Merciful.

Hi Erin!  Sweetheart!  Mwah!  How are you?  There's nothing much going on here, just the same old.  It's raining right now.  It's a noisy storm too, with plenty of thunder and lightning.  The bolts aren't hitting very close though, but it's still a very vocal storm.

I bought a big block of cream cheese yesterday when I was at the big mall in Alor Setar.  There's nothing really special about the big mall, it's just a big mall, and if you've seen one mall, you've seen them all.  I can't really say there's a wider variety of products, just more.  I'm probably bummed out because I didn't find any blue cheese.  I saw some Camembert cheese which I should have bought since my Dad was buying, but I have never had Camembert cheese and I had my heart set on blue cheese.  So I got a big chunk of cream cheese.  So for dinner I rolled 2 dough balls, stuffed them with cream cheese, then deep fried them.  With my marinara sauce on the side.  Simplicity!  I wonder how this cream cheese works for lasagna: I saw some lasagna noodles the other day.  It probably won't spread easily, because I had to shape today's cheese with my fingers.  But it was cold, though.

After the rain stopped, I played on my little snare drum again.  I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the best drummer in the world.  I just play what I feel.  And nowadays, I just feel like pounding out rhythms of the Qur'an.

I wish you were here with me, my beloved Erin.  I want you to take good loving care of yourself, OK?  I love you, and I need you.

No comments: