Sunday, January 15, 2012

Letter to Julia 20120116

Hi Julia. It's been a groggy Sunday for me. I woke up at 8:30 this morning, about an hour earlier than the time I usually wake up. Oh, I'm becoming so old. I've become so fussy about my sleeping habits. Wake me up an hour early, and I'm my usual easy-going self for most of the day. Anyway, every Sunday I help my Mom clean her house, that's why I woke up an hour early. I'm slow, so I have to start a little early so I have time to cook my lunch, before the noon prayer, before I do my vocal training. Oh dear, these routines make me feel like Rain Man! Uh oh.

It's all the same day, anyway. Perhaps some minor adjustments here and there, maybe I have to clean my Mom's house, maybe I have to go to the music school, on Fridays I have to attend the group prayer. But it's the same day, wherever or whoever you are. Time flies, and suddenly it's Judgement Day. Or we die, which is pretty much the same thing, since we can't score anymore positive points with God because we are too dead to do so. I just sit here and wait, and work towards you with whatever strength I have, and insyaAllah, someday you will appear.

Meanwhile, all but one of the idols were mysteriously smashed overnight. The bosses gathered around the devastation and were dumbfounded. It seems that the culprit was the biggest idol, but alas, it was unable to speak for itself.

No comments: