Wednesday, September 4, 2024

The extreme

 

Oh you're so pretty!  No wonder people are jealous of you.  Can I join you in the shower to watch your hair routine?  I could watch a video loop of just you playing with your hair.  I'm sure many people would agree with me that that's one of the highlights of your live shows.  Oh, you got a bicycle!  I'm happy to see that you're getting exercise.  That's beautiful country too, a nice long bike ride in that scenery is great for the heart.  Helps you think, too.  Make sure you think in music, not just words.  And don't forget to work out your upper arms and shoulders.  A weight bench is my preferred workout, but I don't have one.  I do have a couple of small weights, but otherwise I try to be active in the yard.  Yes Honey, I know I have to cut the grass but I also want to clear out all the creepers on the cashew tree.

Rock and Roll is supposed by the crowd to some sort of extreme, so bands often use some sort of shock value in their act so as not to be boring.  Sure we need to explore and experiment, but not at the expense of our health and sanity.  And the end result should be great music, not just shock value.

I really really really want that fretless guitar in the video below.






No comments: