Saturday, August 10, 2024

Funny Thing

 

Hi Grace.  It's awesome that you're on the billboards in NY and LA!  Wasn't it both the State Dept and YouTube that made you ambassador?  They're not supporting you, Honey.  YouTube is fulfilling an agenda made with the US government.  I'm sure you know that.  Your responsibility is to do a good job.

It's OK to be afraid!  But don't be afraid of people, be afraid of God.  Hide behind me when you're afraid.  Since I can't be there, then bring your guitar with you wherever you go.  Tell them I told you to do so.  Use it as a weapon if you have to.  Don't let anybody touch your guitar.  Make sure you have strap locks!  Ya Allah, please protect my Grace.

I asked Anna Wintour to offer you a subscription to Vogue.  Please accept it.  It shouldn't be too expensive, and you need to study the ads.  Also please exercise, don't assume your body will keep its shape, it needs to be maintained.  Letting your body go to fat is unprofessional.  I hate to scold you on this and post a picture of your behind (actually, you're the one who posted this photo), but you didn't listen to me the first time when I told you to take care of your body.  You can bet your ass that I'm going to nag you about your looking after your body.  Especially now you're becoming more high profile.  Pump iron to pump away the fear.  Stop eating sugar.  Work out your butt and shoulders.  Both you and Esi need to work out.  You're in showbiz!

"Them Changes" is a good song, but my favorite Thundercat tune is "Funny Thing".  I'm sure many people agree with me.  It's so danceable!  He can't seem to get the same vibe live, though.  That bass line tells a story, which matches the lyrics.  Listen closely to it.  The story is, "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boink!  Oh boy, oh boy, oh boink?  Oh boy, oh boy, oh BOINK!  BOINK!  BOINK!  BOINK!  BOINK!  BOINK!"  Anyway, the original version is too short.  Less than 2 minutes?  Are you kidding me?  So some guy pastes together a 10 hour mix of "Funny Thing", and it's absolutely great!  You and Esi can dance to it the whole 10 hours.  That would be a good workout.




No comments: