Saturday, July 27, 2024

Fretless bass

 

Hi Grace.  I was just listening to "Layla" this morning.  Congratulations, and I hope you enjoy your run of gigs with the Allmans.  I can't help but think that we can't save people, because they have their own reckoning with God.  God is the One Who saves.  All I can do is prepare for the return of Jesus Christ (peace be on him).

Fretless bass is a lot like slide guitar, but much more fun.  Remco Hendrix is an incredible bass player.  His right hand technique is unique and powerful, no other bassist sounds like him.  While other modern bassists insist on playing a million notes a minute, Remco focuses on groove.  He's going to be legendary when he gets away from the open strings, and goes for melodic progressions on the fretless bass.  I don't think he's too interested in playing live on stage, though.  Not everyone is hooked on the randomness of live venues.  Grace, I'm afraid you have to work.  God's orders.



No comments: