Thursday, February 16, 2023

Fermented soybeans

 

Hi Natty!  How you doin' Honey?  I hope all is peachy for you over there.  Are you keeping safe and watching your health?  Please do.  Oh, I'm living dangerously in the kitchen today.  Being poor is living dangerously.  I'm always looking for ways to flavor my rice.  Then I remembered some soybeans in water and salt that I kept in glass jars 5? years ago.  It's time to process those soybeans.  Fermented soybeans are everywhere.  Soy sauce, that's fermented soybeans.  Still, the stuff terrifies me.  I don't want to get a bacterial infection of the spine or something.  So I washed and boiled it before turning it into paste.  Oh my God, this stuff tastes great.  It tastes like cheddar cheese.  I could spread it on toast.  Instead, I used it as fond for my fried onions, cabbage and beef, to go on my steamed rice.  With a pinch of salt.  Made my rice mild but flavorful.  Not soy sauce.

Mary's outfit is:
LIVIA::Just Reds // Lipstick 1
"Dark Angel" necklace by Earth & Sky Designs
Alli&Ali Designs Delilah Hair
[Vips Creations] Artemis gown
Pure Poison - Shira Sandals






Here are my picks from the Yeohlee FALL 2022 READY-TO-WEAR collection:

No comments: