Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Hummus for my Natty

 

Hi Natty!  How are you feeling?  Still having back pain?  Yeah, labor is a bitch.  I'm quite experienced at massaging back pain mashaAllah but since I'm not there with you, I made some hummus for my beloved Natty.  Steamed hummus.  I normally pan fry the hummus in a circle mold but today I steamed the hummus in banana leaves, you can see above what it looked like before I put it in the steamer.  Yeah the bottom one is a bit sloppy, I'll admit.  It's just my standard hummus recipe: lentils, garlic, lemon juice and salt.  Yeah I know chick peas and wheat germ, but lentils tastes and behaves the same at 25% cost.  The banana leaves impart a slight green flavor, but not a dominant one.  It's just the most common means of steaming things around here.  As you know I only have a toaster oven, so I fried the bread.  The meal tasted like hummus with bread, with a sweet aftertaste.  Hummus isn't a big deal for me but I still needed my daily dose of animal flesh, so I had my hummus with steak (not shown).







No comments: