Saturday, May 8, 2021

Just another average day

 

Hi Natty!  How are you, Honey?  I hope you're doing fabulous over there.  It's just another average day here for me.  I swept the house in the morning, watered the plants, collected water, then went out to buy gasoline.  The Eid is on Thursday, so I want to make sure I have everything I need to get through next weekend because everyone will be closed.  It's the holiday season over here!  I have to work everyday, so I don't have much attachment to public holidays.  But on the Eid I get to drink coffee in the afternoon, and for that I am very happy!  Alhamdulillah!

After Mary's session, I cut the grass by the side of the road again.  Then I made my dinner.  I have to use up all the fish I bought, so I'm having noodles in fish broth again.  I love ramen!  I'm quite pleased with how my soup has been turning out, so I thought I would show you the soup bubbling on the stove top.  I haven't put the noodle brick and the egg in yet.  I do that after the sunset prayer, bring the mix back to a boil then put the noodles in.  What you see up there is fish meat, tofu, seaweed, cilantro, pickled soybeans, garlic, red hot chilli pepper and a couple of big ol' squid balls boiling in fish broth.  Yeah, I've acquired the habit of putting a couple of big ol' squid balls in my soup everytime I make ramen, no matter what the flavor.  I don't know what it tastes like, because I'm still fasting.  I'm following a routine though, so inshaAllah it will be successful.  Want some?







No comments: