Saturday, February 27, 2021

Fruit

 

Hi Natty!  How are you feeling today?  I hope you are healthy and confident.  Those are jackfruit flowers up there, a male and female.  A "nangka" type jackfruit that I had been watching ripened today.  I harvested it in almost perfect time, only a few measly ants got to it before me!  I gave half the fruit to my mother.  The sweetness of this fruit is perfect, not bland nor overbearing.  It would probably make a good smoothie, but I wanted to eat it with glutinous rice and salted fish.  I went to Embun's restaurant to get the rice, but she had sold out.  It took me half the morning to process (isolate the flesh) my half of the fruit, while it took my mother less than 15 minutes in the evening.  My mother is a pro on local foods.  I love you, Mom!  I think you would like this fruit too, Natty.








No comments: