Friday, January 15, 2021

My way


 Hi Natty!  How are you feeling?  Please try to stay calm.  Relax and enjoy being you!  You're beautiful, and I love you.  What's on the menu today?  Cooking isn't a competition to me, Natty Honey.  I have a little bit of knowledge, and I like to cook what I like to eat.  That's all.  I can't afford the best ingredients, but I make do with what I have and I enjoy it, so for that I am grateful.  Lunch was noodles in soup of course.  I had a chicken leg, so I fried that up first in honey, salt, and pepper before turning it into broth.  I made poached eggs for dinner again, gotta practice you know.  I got sick of following the instructions from videos from YouTube, and decided to go with my own common sense.  I used a circle mold with handle, and a small shallow pan of hot water.  I got the best results this time, and the least mess.  The temperature of the water is critical, though.  I don't use a thermometer, so I waited until small bubbles formed rapidly at the bottom of the saucepan.  I kept the mold in the water then cracked the egg into it, watched it as it cooked, separated the edge from the mold with a small knife, which was then the egg floated on its own.  As soon as it turned white all over, I immediately fished it out for a soft boiled egg.


Here are some more nice snapshots from the How does your avatar look today ? thread.











No comments: