Wednesday, January 13, 2021

I love noodles in soup!

 Hi Natty!  How are you feeling today?  I hope you are healthy and safe, I keep seeing news that the pandemic is intensifying in California.  So please try keep your distance away from people.  They've implemented another lockdown in this country.  Apparently another wave of the disease hit the highly populated areas, something about a mutant strain of the virus.  Yeah, I knew it.  Allah gave my state a break, so we're still pretty much a green zone here so alhamdulillah.  The lockdown only partially applies to us.

I love noodles in soup!  It must be the Asian in me, but I can eat the stuff everyday especially for lunch: it's the perfect portion.  Since I discovered home made miso, my options for broth have multiplied.  The Chinese and Japanese like to put pig in their broth, but I don't need that.  I use chicken or beef, or sometimes no meat at all.  Everyday is different with my noodle soup.
I have a lot of of yuba bean curd, known here as "pucuk" (pronounced "puchok"), right now which is basically dried up tofu skin.  I break the stuff up and add it in my soup for something extra to chew on.  I had some beef knuckle left over, so I used that up for my soup today.  I boiled it 3 times already, but today is its last hurrah.  It still made good soup!  I put the yuba in too early so it fragmented (kind of like alphabet soup) but no problem, I put some more yuba in later to make up for it.  I used my hot chilli miso plus seaweed today.  Unfortunately, I always need to use MSG to complete the flavor, I can't seem to get away from that stuff.  The anchovy bouillon I have has MSG in it, and I use as little as possible.  I have one pack of ramen left and lots of rice vermicelli, so I used the vermicelli as noodles.  Sometimes I crack a soft boiled egg in there, but not today.  Pour the lot into my pink bowl, and top it of with dried onions, salted radish, and my home made hot sauce.  I love noodles in soup!










No comments: