Saturday, September 19, 2020

The civilized tummy

 Hi Natty!  How are you?  I hope you are well, and enjoying yourself.  How's your tummy?  I'm guessing that you like your food neatly and nicely prepared.  Well I have a little bit of knowledge mashaAllah, I think I can cook some nice meals for you and make sure you are well fed inshaAllah.  With my current budget, I can't buy expensive ingredients or do much experimentation.  Right now, I really want to minimize my time in the kitchen as well as the yard, so I cook up convenient food whenever I need to.  The same goes with my cats.  Floofy's death switched the cat food from chicken to fish and rice.  Fish isn't necessarily cheaper than chicken, but it is when mixed with rice.  You can't mix chicken with rice because it diffuses the scent.  And cats love that stinky stuff.  Poop from eating fish is smellier than chicken and I didn't want to to switch in the beginning, then the logic hit me: poop stinks no matter what.  So this morning I went out shopping, and I got some mackerel for the cats.  I always boil the fish first then fish the fish out to debone it, and use the broth to cook the rice.  Mackerel stomachs dissolve when you boil it, so the broth is extra stinky.  I guess I could always get rid of the guts, but it's cat food.  I gave the cats a raw mackerel each when I got home.  Lily and Bro snapped it up with gusto, being that they are "kampung" (village) cats and are used to eating whole raw fish (I guess).  But Lookie couldn't stomach it, especially the fish stomach.  Lookie has spent her entire life inside the house, and she needs her food neatly and nicely prepared.  Is that what you would call a civilized tummy?  Lily later puked out the raw fish (I suppose she's becoming more pampered), but Bro had absolutely no problems with it.  He even ate up the stuff that Lily puked out.

I have another snapshot from the How does your avatar look today ? thread.  I always like Usagimimi's stuff, I was just waiting for the right one to post.  I think this is the one:









No comments: