Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Still alive

 Oh Natty, Floofy is dying.  When I went to give her her antibiotics at 10 pm last night, she looked a dying cat.  She would have drowned in her own pee if I hadn't pulled her head up, and blotted out the moisture on her body.  I knew then I had to say goodbye to my beloved and faithful friend.  So I stayed by her side most of last night, until 2 am when I had to go to bed because I couldn't sleep by Floofy's side because Lily was all over me, and Lookie was pacing around frantically.  I had already dug a grave about midnight last night.  My vigil continued into the next day, and I swear Floofy was dead: she was on her side in that cat death stance, she wasn't breathing, and her eyes were open and glassy.  But when I moved her, she came back to life.  This happened 3 times.  Floofy has a strong mind, but I don't know why she's hanging on so tightly.  It's sunset now, and she's still alive.  I have the radio playing for her.  I have one more task to do then I'll stay by her side again tonight, and wait.  I've begged Allah not to take my cat, but I know that she was never my cat.  She belongs to Allah.








No comments: