Sunday, July 5, 2020

It could have been beef jerky time

Hi Natty!  How are you today?  I hope you are healthy and happy, and having a marvelous time.  It's Sunday over here.  I clean my mother's bedroom every Sunday plus all the other stuff I have to do, so Sundays are usually pretty busy for me.  I bought my lunch so I didn't have to cook, just some rice from a local woman by the roadside.  I bought some cheap beef recently to make beef jerky.  It has a lot of gristle and tendon, but even that breaks down if you cook it long enough.  In fact after marinating and slow cooking it down, it tasted great.  I had planned to make "serunding" (beef jerky or beef floss):
But I didn't have some ingredients, and put in too much of another, and I ended up with "rendang":
It tasted OK.  Alhamdulillah.







No comments: