Saturday, May 23, 2020

Spaghetti again?

Hi Natty!  How are you?  I hope you are healthy and happy!  It's the last day of Ramadan today, so no more mandatory fasting for this year!  I get to drink coffee in the afternoon!  I'm so happy!  Simple pleasures.  I think I managed to step up this Ramadan, inshaAllah.  It sure has been a busy one this year.  The first half of the month was full of aches and pains, and the rest was Internet chaos, all within the frame of Covid-19.  I can't say that Covid-19 is a blessing, but other than that it was a great Ramadan.  Thank You, ya Allah.

The most memorable meals this month were the beef jerky, and the spaghetti!  Yeah I had spaghetti again, for the pre-dawn meal.  It's a beef and onion sauce, onion being the thickening agent.  The beef and eggplant was a better sauce, but this one is a success alhamdulillah.  For breaking fast this dinner, I'm having steamed rice, crunchy anchovies, a couple of sunny side up eggs, and "sambal tumis petai" (bitter beans in hot sauce).  Very traditional.  I would offer you some, but bitter beans is an acquired taste.









No comments: