Wednesday, November 6, 2019

The chicken gourmet strikes again

Hi Natty!  How are you, my love?  How is society treating you?  Oh, are you caught in the politics of an exclusive circle of people?  Well, don't worry too much about it.  Everything will turn out just fine inshaAllah.  You're MY girl, and I love you.  Me, I'm caught up in the chicken circle again.  I had been buying all white meat, so I didn't have to process entire chickens at a time, which is tedious and time consuming.  The chicken is for both me and my cats especially Floofy, who can die a death from kibble due to the nature of her digestive tract.  The cats ate the first 2 kilos I bought no problem.  On the next 2 kilos, Floofy began to protest about her food but she ate it all nonetheless.  Until yesterday, when she refused to eat her dinner.  She refused hr breakfast today, as well.  I thought that it was because she is on a perma-heat right now, that she might lose her appetite.  So at dinner today I asked her, "Do you want something to eat?"  She said, "Meow."  OK, so I started to cut up the chicken breast.  I asked again, "Are you sure you want to eat something?" and she answered, "Meow."  So I gave her her dinner, and she began to eat it but she didn't finish it.  Then Lookie didn't finish her dinner either, so I let the kitten Yoolie (a famous trash eater in this house) have the food.   But she didn't finish it either.  So there's something wrong with the chicken.  When I cooked the chicken and ate it, it seemed normal to me.  When I read the package, it was a halal boneless chicken breast imported from Thailand.  It didn't smell bad.  In fact, it didn't have any smell at all.  Perhaps all that processing and packaging took the scent away, which the cats love.  If you had ever cut up a fresh whole chicken, you will know that it reeks.  Yes folks, freshly killed chicken reeks.  My cutting board still reeks, even though I doused it in straight bleach.  But could it be that stench that the cats crave?  Like a freshly opened can of cat food?  Like a finely aged blue cheese, but to cats?  I'm not sure yet.  I'll find out when I serve them breakfast tomorrow.  I had to go to the supermarket to buy a chicken.  I had planned to cut the grass, the weather was perfect for it.  I guess it's just as well, since I'm a lazy butt.  Plus, I feel sluggish today.














No comments: