Saturday, June 8, 2019

Home made beef jerky

Hi there, my luscious Ladies!  How's it going today?  How's business?  I hope your life is easy going, and you are having tons of fun and making lots of money for yourself.  It's been a long day for me.  I woke up early, because I have a kitchen project going.  I'm making home made beef jerky, which is a 2 day investment.  Actually I'm making what the locals call "serondeng", which looks like pulled beef but drier, and you don't add any sauce to it, so I refer to it as beef jerky.  I boiled the beef last night, and all this morning I cooked the beef with spices in a wok at low heat, constantly turning and stirring until it dried up.  I didn't want to make it too dry though: the locals seem to prefer it dry and stringy, but I wanted mine to be juicier.  Well, moister.  The locals usually eat "serondeng" with "ketupat", which is glutenous rice stuffed into packets made with coconut leaves then steamed:
Don't ask me how they fold those packets, I have no idea.  The locals do it regularly though, and they churn them out like machines.  Here's what the thing looks like after peeled:
I think my "serondeng" was a success, alhamdulillah.  Some people may prefer it dry, but I wanted it moist.  Thus, my beef jerky tastes like ribeye steak.  Very addictive.  I made almost 2 kilos of the stuff, and I could eat it all in one sitting.  There goes my diet.
This is my junior high school teacher look.












No comments: